AmigaActive (1165/2143)

From:Kevin Twyman
Date:15 May 2000 at 00:26:29
Subject:Re: WooooHoooo! But... ;)

Hello Neil,

On 14-May-00, you wrote:

>> /Eight/ drives!?

> siz of them are in one drive, a CD changer. But they are all mounted
> as separate drives. The other two are CD-Rs, in different machines.

Is the CD changer used on a BBS or something?

>> Looks like I need to try again, as AmiCDFS won't read video Cds.

> AmiCDFS is pretty dated now:

> 52.0> version L:AmiCDFS full
> AmiCDFS 2.40 (14/12/1997)

Hmmm. ISWYM.

Mind you, having now installed CacheCDFS, I still can't read a videoCD.

I'm wondering if it may be the CD ROM, though it's a new NEC 40x SCSI
mechanism.

I bought it at a computer fair for £28, they looked like OEM, as they
had no brackets, manuals etc. but it has worked fine - apart from
makeCD not recognising it.

There's always something, isn't there? :-/

Regards,

Kevin - Est. 1949 http://www.theboyz.freeserve.co.uk
A man with an Amiga A4000T CyberStormPPC 604e/233

I owe, I owe, it's off to work I go...

Remember four years of good friends, bad clothes, explosive chemistry
experiments.